Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Makes: 12 tacos
- 250g mild / spicy chorizo sausage, sliced and casing removed
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion
- 500 mL carton Burnbrae Farms’ Egg Creations Whole Eggs Veggie and Feta
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 12 6-inch corn / wheat tortillas
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Optional: For a healthier alternative, replace corn tortillas with lettuce leaves.
- Cook chorizo, onions and Egg Creations in a large cast-iron pan on the grill at 375⁰F, mixing in cumin and paprika, until eggs are set. Remove from heat and keep warm.
- Wrap tortillas in tinfoil and place over an indirect heat or grill until warm.
- To make tomato salsa, mix onions with tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and 2 tsp vegetable oil, then season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Divide chorizo mixture among warm tortillas, then garnish with tomato salsa and avocado slices.