BY UNNATI JHAVERI
Why is Nutrition so important?
Our body is fueled by what we eat and looking after it is your own responsibility. Every ingredient that goes into your body plays a role. Please be wise when you are making a choice about what will go in your body. Nobody can look after you the way you can. Your body is a pure reflection of what you eat and absorb. The body is always looking to maintain a balance. It always goes back to homeostasis. So when you eat things which are unhealthy the body is extremely intelligent and will try to go back to homeostasis. It will do this time and again after which you will be able to see the effects of an unhealthy lifestyle on your body through illnesses. From my personal experience I can tell you how important nutrition is. It can change your entire world if you decide to take that step. If you take your body for granted, there will come a day that you will be at the mercy of your body. Make wise and healthy choices because it is only in your hands.
Basic Nutrition Tips
- Eat locally grown foods
- Variety is extremely important as every food has a different nutrient to offer which we need for our bodies. So please try new options and eat different foods.
- Make home cooked meals, make them fun and easy. Condition your mind that you can do it and you are doing it for your body and that of your loved ones.
- Do not take any medicines or supplements just because others are taking them. Herd mentality does not help. Test yourselves and take the correct supplements required for your body.
- While cooking be positive, and don’t cook if you don’t feel like. Those very vibes is what your body is receiving. Please be aware of this.
- Chewing is very important for proper digestion to occur.
- Stay away from screens while eating. Make connections with others and if not take this time to connect with yourself when you eat
- Wash your fruits and vegetables well and eat foods that are grown seasonally
- Eat fruits, vegetables, seeds, nuts, leafy greens, and different types of foods that are naturally grown
- Always be grateful for the food you eat
- Offer food to those who are not as blessed as you are
- Sleep is crucial and required, so do not disregard it. You cannot make up for lost sleep. Prioritize. Start winding down an hour before you go to bed, try not to indulge in anything that disturbs that process. While we sleep our body is restoring balance, it relaxes you, reduces inflammations, and does many magical things. But giving this opportunity to your body is in your hands.
- Keep your body clean. Bathing is important to clean your body and your auric field. Start and end your day with bathing yourself.
- Food brings people together and increases connection which is vital for all of us.
These are simple tips that can make a world of a difference, so please try to incorporate all of them into your daily schedule. You can start by adding one habit at a time.