Moving Forward Family Services (MFFS) opened its doors in 2016 and set about revolutionizing the way people access quality mental health services throughout the lower mainland. On Friday, November 16th we are holding our 3rd annual Gala Fundraiser at the Aria Banquet Hall in Surrey and we need your help to make it a success.
MFFS is a grassroots organization, with deep community connections. As the Executive Director, I founded MFFS as a way to make meaningful change in a fractured health and social services system. In just over two years, MFFS has provided counselling to over 3000 clients ranging in age from 4-94.
At MFFS, we:
- serve clients in 15 different languages
- receive approximately 50 new client requests every single week
- see clients for depression, anxiety, trauma, addiction, and more
- offer individual and group services
- hold psycho-educational programming as part of our commitment to community-university engagement
- operate in donated spaces
- have minimal administrative overheard and
- receive NO government funding
Our answering machine is full by noon every day. The demand may be daunting, but our commitment is limitless!
MFFS is a not-for-profit and a registered Canadian charity. Our focus is on delivering high quality counselling services to clients who wouldn’t otherwise be able to access it, and everything we do furthers that mission. We have had enormous impact throughout the community have been honoured to receive many awards and citations since inception, including the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health Difference Makers Award and the DRISHTI Magazine Award for Community Engagement.
We need your help to further our mission! Can we count on you to support us? If you own a business/can share with a business you know of: the attached sponsorship package outlines many tax-deductible (100 per cent) opportunities for your organization to help us reach our goals, and if you’d like to simply attend, you can always buy a ticket here:
Can’t wait to see you at the Gala!