Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
(NC) Ingredients: • 4 Portobello mushrooms
- 1 red onion, sliced in quarter-inch rounds
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 250 mL Egg Creations Whole Eggs Mushroom and Spinach
- 4 slices Swiss or mozzarella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Remove mushroom stems and scrape out black ribs from inside the caps; this recipe works best with mushrooms that have exaggerated curved caps, as this helps keep the egg mixture in.
- Brush mushrooms and onion slices with olive oil, then place them on the grill at 350⁰F. Fill each mushroom with 60 mL Egg Creations and cook until the eggs set.
- Melt cheese over each mushroom and toast buns until golden.
- Divide arugula among buns, add mushrooms and onions, and finish with mayonnaise.
Tip: Egg Creations make for the perfect camping trip essential because you can freeze the carton and use it as an icepack in your cooler.