RELAXATION OF TOURIST VISAS TO INDIA
The Government of India has further relaxed visa and travel restrictions to India keeping in view the improvement in the COVID-19 situation in India:
– All valid Regular (Paper) Tourist visas issued before March 2020, except 10 years Tourist Visas, shall stand restored with immediate effect. Canadian nationals will be eligible for fresh Regular Tourist Visas, except 10 years duration Tourist Visas.
– Electronic Travel Authorization or e-Visa, issued to Canadian nationals before March 2020 will continue to remain under suspension. Canadian nationals are not eligible for issuance of fresh e-Visa.
2. Foreign nationals on Tourist Visa would be permitted to enter India only through designated Sea Immigration Check Posts (ICPs) or Airport ICPs by flights including those under the Vande Bharat Mission or ‘air bubble’ scheme or by any flights as allowed by DGCA or Ministry of Civil Aviation. In no case will foreign nationals be allowed to enter through Land border or riverine routes on Tourist Visa.
3. Visa application can be filled online and duly filled forms are to be submitted along with required documents and fee to nearest BLS Office in Vancouver, Surrey, Edmonton and Calgary or sent by post to BLS Center in
Surrey(for CGI, Vancouver Consular jurisdiction). All visa related information can be accessed at the BLS website: https://www.blsindia-canada.com
4. Entry Visas for persons of Indian origin remain available but due to added documentation and scrutiny/verification requirements, processing time for such visas will be more than 45 days. Regular tourist visas will be processed in 30 days.
Vancouver March 16, 2022