1 ½ cups (375 mL) graham cracker crumbs
½ cup (125 mL) unsweetened medium shredded coconut
5 tbsp (75 mL) coconut oil (solid or liquid)
1 tub (946 mL) PC yuzu citrus and blueberry sorbet
3 cups (750 mL) frozen wild blueberries
1/3 cup (83 mL) granulated sugar
2 tbsp (30 mL) cornstarch
1 tsp (5 mL) grated lime zest
2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
½ cup (125 mL) coconut chips
1. Toast graham crumbs and shredded coconut in nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until light golden; about 5 minutes. Transfer to bowl. Return skillet to medium heat; add coconut oil and cook until melted (skip this step if using liquid coconut oil). Stir into graham crumb mixture.
2. Mist 9-inch (2.5 L) springform pan with cooking spray or grease with coconut oil. Lightly press graham crumb mixture into bottom of pan (do not press up side of pan and do not pack mixture firmly). Freeze 30 minutes.
3. Let sorbet stand at room temperature until beginning to soften, about 20 minutes. Scoop sorbet into springform pan over crust, smoothing top; return to freezer.
4. Meanwhile, bring frozen blueberries and sugar to a boil in small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to maintain a gentle boil; cook, stirring occasionally, until blueberries are softened and liquid becomes a bit syrupy, about 5 minutes. Stir cornstarch with lime juice in small bowl; stir into blueberry mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; remove from heat. Stir in lime zest.
5. Transfer blueberry mixture to a large heatproof bowl. Refrigerate until slightly cooled, about 20 minutes. Pour blueberry mixture over sorbet, gently smoothing top. Return to freezer until well chilled, at least 1 hour.
6. Run small paring knife around inside edge of springform pan; release and remove side of pan. Tip: If cake doesn’t easily release from pan, dampen a kitchen towel with warm water and wrap it around base and side of pan to slightly melt the edge just enough to release.
7. Transfer to serving platter, removing from base. Sprinkle with coconut chips. Tip: Run your knife under warm water before slicing, wiping blade with a damp cloth between cuts.
Try this: Serving this cake outdoors? Freeze your serving platter and plates before using to keep the cake from melting too fast.