strategies for liveable weight loss
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup Maille cornichons, chopped (try Caramelized Onions or Cayenne Chili Peppers for an extra kick)
- 1 tbsp garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Calabrian peppers, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a 10-inch skillet heat oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until golden brown; about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Add cornichons and continue to cook, stirring often, for another minute. Then add garlic and sugar and cook for 30 seconds.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in peppers, lemon juice and tarragon.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. (NC)