- 6 medium cremini or portabella mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella
- Fresh thyme, for garnish, optional
- To make the roasted pizza mushrooms: preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC). Remove the stem and clean the hat of the mushrooms. Brush the insides with olive oil and arrange in a muffin tin.
- Spoon marinara sauce into the mushroom caps. Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, then top with shredded mozzarella. Broil in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is bubbly.
- Remove theroasted pizza mushrooms from the oven and garnish with fresh thyme or oregano, if you like. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
You can precook the empty mushroom caps in the oven to dry them up a little because they tend to release moisture.