(NC) Give your guests this sweet honey and zesty ginger holiday punch as soon as they enter the party. It’s a warming and fragrant holiday season sipper, made refreshing with thirst-quenching lemonade, ice-cold citrus slices and an effervescent hit of de-alcoholized wine, which can be substituted with sparkling wine if you prefer an adults-only version.
Michelle Pennock, executive chef for the PC Test Kitchen has just the right tip for you to sweeten up this beverage. “A bartending trick when creating drinks is mixing the honey with hot water, which allows it to dissolve more easily into the punch.”
Sparkling Citrus Ginger Punch
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cool/chill time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) honey
- 4 cups (1 L) ginger beer
- 3½ cups (875 mL) PC honey ginger lemonade
- 1½ cups (375 mL) white de-alcoholized wine, chilled
- 3 cups (750 mL) ice cubes
- 10 slices frozen citrus blend sliced lemons and limes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) frozen cranberries (optional)
- Stir honey with 1 cup boiling water in small heatproof bowl until combined. Let cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Stir together ginger beer, lemonade and honey mixture in punch bowl or 12-cup (3 L) pitcher. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
- Stir in de-alcoholized wine. Add ice cubes, lemon and lime slices and cranberries (if using). Serve immediately.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 120, fat 0 g, sodium 15 mg, carbohydrates 31 g, fibre 1 g, sugars 28 g, protein 0 g.