Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Makes: 30 cookies
- ½ cup (125 mL) Becel Original margarine
- 1 ¾ cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) cornstarch
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ¾ cup (180 mL) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) soy milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) mix-ins (e.g. dried fruit, dark chocolate chunks, nuts, seeds)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, cornstarch, baking powder and baking soda in medium bowl; set aside.
- Beat margarine and granulated sugar using electric mixer until light and creamy. Beat in applesauce on low speed for about 2 minutes or until blended. Beat in soy milk and vanilla.
- Gradually add in flour mixture and beat until just combined, scraping down sides of bowl occasionally (do not overmix). Fold in your choice of mix-ins. Refrigerate dough 30 minutes or until chilled.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on prepared baking sheet 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Cool 5 minutes on wire rack; remove cookies from pan and cool completely.