(NC) Prone to feel that urge of panging hunger coming home from work or school? These wholesome popcorn bars are easy to make, can satisfy your cravings and are perfect for the whole family.
Start by using microwavable Orville Redenbacher popcorn made with no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives, and indulge in this tasty treat at the end of your day.
Chewy Popcorn Bars
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- No-stick cooking spray
- 1 bag (82 g) Orville Redenbacher buttery flavour microwave popcorn
- 2 cups (240 g) quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup (120 g) dried cranberries (or raisins)
- 1 cup (120 g) dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup (120 g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) honey
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Spray 13×9-inch (33×23-cm) baking pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Place popcorn in large bowl; top with oats, cranberries and peanuts.
- Combine brown sugar and honey in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-high heat for 6 minutes or until mixture comes to full boil and sugar is dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- Pour syrup over popcorn mixture and toss gently to coat evenly with syrup. Place mixture in pan.
- Bake 20 minutes, stirring once midway through baking. Remove from oven; lightly press popcorn mixture evenly in pan. Cool on rack about two hours or until set. Cut in 24 bars. Store in tightly sealed container.