As the weather starts to warm up, so does entertaining season, and any occasion wouldn’t be complete without bringing baked goods. But a recent survey by Becel shows one third of Canadians find baking stressful because they aren’t confident bakers. New Becel Sticks come in premeasured sticks to help make baking a breeze.
Whatever the occasion, this no-bake cheesecake recipe by chef Kimberly Lallouz is a delicious option that’s ready in under an hour. Your guests will be wowed by this combination of tart pomegranate seeds, bittersweet cocoa nibs and velvety cheesecake.
Acai Berry No-bake Cheesecake
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 Becel Salted Sticks, melted
- 1 cup (120 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups (500 mL) light cream cheese at room temperature
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 can (150 mL) condensed milk
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) acai powder
- 1 pomegranate, seeded
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) organic cocoa nibs
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Mix melted margarine sticks and graham crumbs well with your fingers. Place on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 5 to 8 minutes or until nicely browned.
- In a mixer, add cream cheese, lemon juice, lemon zest and condensed milk. Blend until smooth and fluffy. Add the acai powder and mix well. Remove mixture from bowl and into piping bag with a plastic spatula.
- In the bottom of a glass or mason jar, add a couple tablespoons of the cookie mixture. Pipe the cream cheese mixture on top, about 1.5 inches (4 cm). Add a sprinkle of pomegranate seeds, a pinch of cookie crumbs and another bit of the cream cheese mixture. Garnish with pomegranate seeds and cocoa nibs. Repeat until all 12 glasses are filled. Refrigerate covered for 30 minutes or overnight, then serve.