Discover a twist on a traditional cheesecake
(NC) Try something new, with this creamy and delicious no-bake cheesecake recipe. This tropically-inspired spin on a traditional cheesecake features a richly flavoured toasted coconut crust, topped with a creamy avocado and zesty lime cream cheese blend.
“It’s a gorgeous shade of lime green that contrasts beautifully with the garnish of red raspberries,” says Tom Filippou, executive chef for President’s Choice cooking school. “This velvety dessert has the perfect amount of texture and will leave guests stunned once they learn the key ingredient.”
Avocado Lime and Coconut No-Bake Cheesecake
Makes: 12 servings
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) unsalted country churned butter, melted
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) finely grated lime zest
- 2 pkg (each 250 g) cream cheese, cubed and at room temperature
- 1 pkg (400 g) PC frozen avocado chunks, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh raspberries
- Line bottom and sides of 9-inch (2.5 L) spring-form pan with parchment paper.
- Toast coconut in dry frying pan over low heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently until golden and fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Stir together coconut, graham crumbs, and butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan. Chill 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place sugar and lime zest in food processor; pulse on and off until well-mixed. Add cream cheese; process until smooth. Add avocado and lime juice; process until completely smooth.
- Pour cream cheese mixture over crust and smooth top. Cover; chill 6 hours or until set.
- Unclasp side of pan and remove ring. Carefully peel parchment away from side of cake. Place cheesecake on cake plate and mound berries on top. Garnish with lime slices and fresh mint, if desired.
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 360, fat 24 g, sodium 220 mg, carbohydrates 31 g, fibre 3 g, protein 6 g.