- Government of India has decided to issue short-term tourist visas from 15 November 2021.
- A Single-Entry tourist visa valid for 30 days will be available, which will have to be utilized
within a period of 120 days from the date of issue.
- All individual foreign nationals intending to visit India for tourism purpose will be allowed to
enter India on such tourist visa from 15 November 2021.
- All foreign national/tourist who wish to travel to India are required to obtain fresh short-term
tourist visa on their passports. The existing long-term e-visas/tourist visas will continue to
remain suspended till further notice.
- E-visa facility for Canadian citizens remains suspended till further notice.
- Foreign nationals shall be permitted to enter India on such tourist visas by sea routes or by
flights but not through land Immigration Check Points.
- Tourist visa applications can be submitted to BLS Center(s) from 10 November 2021.
- Slots for obtaining short-term tourist visas can be booked through BLS website:
- Short-term tourist visa will be issued to foreign nationals from 15 November, 2021 on gratis
basis for a limited period, on first-come first-serve basis. Such a visa will be issued only once
to each applicant. However, service charges of BLS, as due, would remain applicable.
- Due to high volume of demand and continued Covid-19 restrictions in Canada, the processing
time of visa requests after submission of applications is at least 30 days. Applicants may
account for sufficient processing time for visas while planning their travel to India.
- For better planning their travel to India, travellers are advised to go through the latest
guidelines issued by Government of India for international travel to India. The guidelines can
be seen at the following link:
- This supersedes all earlier advisories with regard to issue of short-term tourist visas.
9th November, 2021
Consulate General of India