What you should do
Important safety information for patients:
- Inform your healthcare provider if you currently have or have previously had liver problems, or if you have any doubts about the condition of your liver.
- Be aware that your healthcare provider will do blood tests before, during and after treatment with Fibristal to assess your liver function.
- Stop treatment and contact your healthcare provider immediately if you develop symptoms of liver injury (such as tiredness, yellowing of the skin, darkening of the urine, or nausea and vomiting).
- If you are using Fibristal and have concerns, talk to your healthcare provider or pharmacist.
Important information for healthcare providers:
- Do not prescribe Fibristal to patients who currently have or have previously had liver problems.
- Inform your patient about the risk of a rare but serious liver injury associated with the use of Fibristal and the need for monitoring their liver function before, during and after treatment.
- Inform your patient about the signs and symptoms of liver injury and the need to stop Fibristal treatment and consult a physician should they occur.