Lakme fashion week winter/festive 2018 was a five-day long extravaganza which came to a closure on August 26. The coveted show comprised a line-up of showcases by designers, creative presentations, and ideas from upcoming talents and the industry’s veteran designers.
Bollywood celebrities slayed their best in full swing with incredible attires by renowned fashion designers. It’s as always has been a star studded affair, nothing short of a blockbuster, power packed week with Bollywood’s leading people walking the runway dressed in fine outfits by top designers from the fraternity. We take a peek at a few designer’s vision of fashion for the winter festive 2018.
Here are a few who stole our hearts with their style and grace.
- Janhvi Kapoor made her ramp debut at the Lakme Fashion Week, she looked refreshingly gorgeous as she graced the ramp in designer Nachiket Barve’s Pink and Blue embroidered lehenga. The series named ‘Millennial Maharanis’ was made out of luxurious free-flow fabrics.
- Varun Dhawan set the ramp on fire as he walked the ramp for designer Kunal Rawal. The actor looked dapper in a light pink suit and turned heads with his black nail paint and kohl.
- Sushmita Sen spun magic at the Lakme Fashion Week in a Kanchipuram outfit by designer Sunita Shanker. The label RmKV showcased a wide range of reversible, innovative drapes offering a contemporary twist to traditional outfits inspired from nature, art, and architecture.
- Kangana Ranaut oozed panache in an electric blue double mesh gown. The Pankaj and Nidhi collection was adorned leather appliqué work and embellished with blue elements. The actress’ dramatic eye make up only added to her enchanting appearance.
- Esha Deol and Hema Malini walked the ramp for fashion designer Sanjukta Dutta. Esha was wearing a traditional red and white lehenga saree along and complimented her look with oxidized pieces of jewellery. Hema Malini looked elegant in a traditional saree and donned a similar hairdo as daughter.
- Kareena Kapoor Khandazzled in a shiny green holographic ensemble, as she took to the runway for designer Monisha Jaising. The designer’s collection was called ‘Shades of a Diva’ and what better diva to choose to showcase it than our Queen Kareena!
- The gorgeous Shruti Haasan sets the ramp on fire for designers Saaksha and Kinni at the Lakme Fashion Week. Titled ‘Raas’, the collection saw fabric prints and textures of Gujarat. Shruti looked stunning a three-layer frill dress featuring a thread style belt. Dark lip and centre paired hairdo rounded up her look perfectly.
- Karisma Kapoor walked the ramp for designer Arpita Mehta at the Lakme Fashion Week. The actress looked beautiful in a black saree with a matching sleeveless blouse. She opted for a sleek hairstyle and smoky eyes added more hotness. She kept it simple with no jewellery in her neck and studded earring which aptly accentuated her entire looks.
Jacqueline Fernandez, the vivacious diva walked the ramp for designer Ashish Soni. Her show opener attire reflected formal sensibilities and vintage charm, the first attire was dipped in a golden shade and was backed by high comfort quotient. An off-shoulder outfit that was a half jumpsuit, accentuated by sartorial cuts. Definitely figure-flattering!
Jacqueline’s second outfit was a classic black dress in one-shoulder, the dress was enhanced by a flare skirt with asymmetrical hemline.