January 20, 2022
SURREY – Fraser Health has declared COVID-19 outbreaks at Baillie House in Maple Ridge, and Bevan Lodge in Abbotsford.
Seven residents and five staff members at Baillie House, and nine residents and three staff members at Bevan Lodge have tested positive for COVID-19.
Baillie House is a long-term care facility that is owned and operated by Fraser Health. Bevan Lodge is a long-term care facility that is owned and operated by Trillium Communities. The residents and staff members are currently in self-isolation at their homes.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at Baillie House. Fraser Health is working to identify anyone who may have been exposed and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
Fraser Health has worked with Bevan Lodge to support the implementation of enhanced control measures. Fraser Health is also working with the site to identify anyone who may have been exposed, and is taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
Fraser Health has proactively implemented the following measures at Baillie House and worked with Bevan Lodge to proactively implement the following measures:
- Staffing levels are being supported to maintain resident care.
- Social visits are restricted in the affected areas of the facility. Essential visits can continue.
- Staff and residents movement in the affected areas of the facility has been modified to minimize exposure to others.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been further enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents is taking place.
- Additional testing and screening is in place to support monitoring of disease control.
During this time, Fraser Health has additional presence at the sites to take any further actions required and support each facility. This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.
Fraser Health has, in partnership with long term care and assisted living facilities, implemented comprehensive strategies to prevent and respond to COVID-19 in these facilities. In addition, Fraser Health has also deployed care staff and our rapid-response teams which include clinical nurse educators, infection prevention and control experts, screeners, and patient care quality officers supporting with communication to families and assessing symptoms at sites with outbreaks. Through these teams, sites are also connected with emergency supplies and support strategies around additional personnel if needed.