SURREY – A staff member of Langley Lodge has been diagnosed with COVID-19. The staff member is in self-isolation at home. Langley Lodge is a long term care facility owned by the Langley Care Society.
A Fraser Health SWAT team is on site and communication with residents and families is underway.
Enhanced control measures have been put in place at Langley Lodge. Fraser Health is working with the staff to identify anyone who may have been exposed and taking steps to protect the health of all staff, residents and families.
To prevent transmission of COVID-19, Fraser Health is ensuring staff currently working at Langley Lodge will not be working at any other facility.
Fraser Health has proactively implemented the following:
- Staffing levels will be maintained to provide resident care.
- Visitors have been limited to only essential visitors.
- Staff and residents movement in the facility has been restricted.
- Cleaning and infection control measures have been enhanced.
- Residents, families and staff are being notified.
- Twice a day screening of all staff and residents.
During this time, Fraser Health will have a presence at the site to take any further actions required and support the facility. This includes dedicated people to address quality, answer questions from staff, residents and family, and provide active checks of symptoms with staff and residents.
For more information on COVID-19 and steps being taken to reduce its impact, visitwww.fraserhealth.ca/covid19.