SIYEP – the Social Innovative Youth Employment Program – will provide six weeks of paid, in-class training and up to 16 weeks of paid work placement. Registrations are open now for the next class that begins on Monday, April 9th.
The program is open to young people from 15 to 29 years:
- Unemployed and not eligible to receive Employment Insurance or who have not received EI in the past 3 years
- A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or who has been granted refugee status and has a work permit
- Not a full-time student and not participating in any other government-funded training program
- Good English language skills
- Who may have self-identified disabilities
This program is funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Skills Link program.
PICS is offering drop-in information sessions today and Friday from 10 am to 3 pm. Those interested can call Edwin Reichmann at 604-596-7722 or email Edwin.Reichmann@pics.bc.ca
Satbir Cheema, CEO, PICS 604-596-7722
Ken Hardie, MP, Fleetwood – Port Kells 604-996-5437
“We are all better off when each of us can live up to our full potential. That kind of success breaks down barriers, not just for the individuals who PICS has helped over many years, but for the whole community. Harmony and intercultural understanding happen when we all work toward the same goals, and the SIYEP program is exactly the kind of program that does this.”
Satbir Cheema, CEO, PICS