Don’t we all like to flaunt healthy, glam, and done up nails? Nails are one of the most attractive parts of the body which can swoon anyone! However, maintaining the health of our nails can be a bit of concern in modern times. No amount of nail makeovers, the best nail polish or a luxurious manicure can help if you have weak or brittle nails. Fragile nails easily chip which can end up being a nuisance; besides they also signify lack of enough care, moisture and nutrients. If you have weak nails they may break easily, take a long time to grow and look discolored. Here are some kitchen ingredients one can experiment with to strengthen the nails, maintain nails, and witness cool, healthy nails.
Nail Care Ingredients
- Almond oil
Rubbing almond oil on the nails adds moisture to them, giving way to healthy and shiny looking nails. You can massage the nails with almond oil as often as you want to make them stronger.
- Vitamin E
Vitamin E oil is vital for healthy nails. Hence you can massage the nails with vitamin E oil or with the gel squeezed out from a vitamin E capsule. Also, you may consume vitamin E daily for excellent nail health.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
ACV is great for overall health. Abundant in magnesium, potassium, calcium and iron, all these attribute to nail health. Also, the acidic content of ACV keeps nail fungus away. Drink some and dip your nails in the rest to maximize the benefits.
- Green Tea
An excellent source of antioxidants, green tea strengthens weak nails besides also revitalizing its actual sheen. As a home remedy, one can soak nails in cold green tea to eliminate discoloration or yellowish tinge from the fingernails. Indulge in a cuppa every day and leave a little to pamper your nails in it.
- Flaxseed oil
Flaxseeds are full of nutrients like magnesium, potassium, lecithin, zinc, and protein that are required to preserve healthy nails. The omega-3 fatty acids provide the vital hydration for nails and make them stable.
- Coconut Oil
Applying coconut oil on your nails can work wonders by nourishing and replenishing your brittle nails. It also has anti-fungal qualities that protect nails from any form of fungus; it is excellent for cuticle treatment too by soothing dry nails. However, it can’t help cure nail fungus once it’s effecting your nails. That’s when you need a product like Pure Nails Pro. Check out this pure nails pro – txhealthpool.org review if you have a fungus infection.
- Sea Salt
This one has strengthening and natural cleansing properties from within. You can take sea salt, water and dip your nails in them for a few minutes. Sea Salt is an excellent cure for discolored, brittle or fungal issues.
Eggs are rich in proteins, calcium, and Vitamin D; they make your nails stronger, thicker, and healthier. Take some egg white and egg yolk, then soak your nails in it for a few minutes daily for dramatic results.
- Olive Oil
With moisturizing properties, they repair and hydrate weak, thin nails or cuticles. Dip your nails in olive oil for a few minutes for glowing results.
- Milk Bath
Milk has a strengthening, polishing, smoothening qualities which is ideal for nail health. Take some fresh raw milk and dip your nails in them for a few minutes daily for gorgeous nails.
Additional Care For brittle nails
Using these natural ingredients regularly will help your nails get stronger and healthier. However, to overcome the problem entirely, it’s ideal to take additional precautions. Here are some tips to keep your nails in top shape.
- Keep it moisturized: Nails need moisture to stay healthy, hence apply a moisturizer daily to keep hands and nails soft. You may also utilize a natural oil.
- Limit the use of nail polish and removers: Try to keep your nails away from chemicals as less as possible. Steer clear of wearing nail polish or using removers very often and let your nails be au naturel.
- Avoid contact with water and detergents: Keep your nails away from hard water and detergents or washing agents as much as you can as they can rob the nails of moisture. You can use dish gloves while doing dishes to save your nails from the unwanted agents.
- Go undercover: The best way to keep your nails form lessening moisture and protecting from the dirt and grime is to keep them covered or protected. You can wrap your hands with a stole or wear gloves or mittens after moisturizing the nails.
- Drink much water: This is the ultimate secret to good nails alongside a balanced diet.
- Avoid alcohol-based hand sanitizers. They have chemicals or alcohol which rob the moisture from the hands.
Beauty Expert Shiv Chib says, ‘ Dealing with weak nails can be hard work. Besides taking care of your diet and stress levels, you can pamper your nails at home easily. Lemon never fails the hand care routine; it nourishes the nails, helps them grow long and naturally bleaches them. Rub some lemon slices daily for magical results. Nail soaks with argan oil, castor oil, tea tree oil can do wonders for the nails or hands. Alternatively, you can also use Vaseline to keep them hydrated.’