Folks don’t think we love the sun, fun vacations but more often than not, they end up giving us a shade or two darker or a bad tan. While most of the tan fades out eventually, your skin loses its natural glow, sometimes peels off, gives an uneven tone which is unwanted with all the festivals and parties lined up the next few months. If you want to counter the tan in a jiffy, there is no better way to do that than with natural ingredients to give you a tan-free and revitalized skin. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about buying chemical-loaded products from outside, merely raid your kitchen and you’ll sail through your skin woes. Here are some great ideas and ways to de-tan your skin this season.
- TLC With Tomato
Tomato has lycopene, which works wonders as a natural sunscreen for the skin. It has antioxidants that combat cellular damage, and reddening of the skin besides also benefits shrink pores, fight pimples, blackheads, decrease oiliness and rejuvenate the skin. Pop in a few in your salad and meals, while you are at it don’t forget to rub the juice on your face or bid goodbye to tans!
- Love the Lemons
Lemon is an effective anti-blemish and de-tanning ingredient. The Vitamin C present in lemons softens age spots and refreshes the complexion. Guzzle down your lemonades, salads and pat it on your face and say hello to fresh face!
- Sugar Coated
Sugar crystals benefits as an exfoliating agent, it lightly removes all the dead skin cells further refining the texture of the skin. While you say no to sugar-laden food, you can gladly welcome sugar in your skincare regime, mainly to get rid of tan.
- Prep With Potatoes
Potato, loaded with Vitamin C which is a great skin renewing agent, it helps tackle sunburns and gives an even skin tone besides provides the skin with its natural glow. This is not all; it helps get rid of dark circles, wrinkles, skin blemishes removes dead skin cells. How about feeding your skin and body some potatoes this season?
- On the gram flour
This one is a no-brainer, for centuries, gram flour has been renowned for giving the skin a natural glow, so besides removing tan, it decreases oiliness, combats pimples and provides an even skin tone. Floored with the flour already?
- Cure With Curd
We are all aware that eating curd helps cool your body down, curd has tremendous skin benefits to boast. Packed with vitamin C, zinc and calcium, it helps treat sunburn, minimizes blemishes, reduces freckles or wrinkles, hydrates and exfoliates the skin and is an excellent anti-aging ingredient. We see curd in smoothies, bakes, shakes and our face too!
- Pop The Papaya
Papayas are great for digestion, act as a natural sunscreen and increase longevity. The enzymes in papaya help give a bright skin tone and reduce spots or scars and blemishes and is a sheer glow-getter. Also, it is a natural skin bleach! Get the papaya magic on, eat a bowl full of the fruit and scrub your face with the rest!
- Mango Magic
This one is a favorite because it is the super delicious king of fruits and has terrific de-tanning qualities too. It is an excellent source of antioxidants, vitamin C, and minerals. Mango benefits the skin in getting rid of pigmentation, gives back the glow to your skin, exfoliates the skin, keeps it hydrated, the skin feels thoroughly nourished and improves the overall complexion.
- Cool It With Cucumbers
Cucumbers are great for cooling or soothing the skin and removes sunburns. So add it to your salads and mask your skin with the juice, extract or pulp.
- Mash one tomato and isolate the pulp. Mix the juice with two tablespoon curd and two teaspoons fresh lemon juice, apply for twenty minutes and rinse.
- Mix four tablespoon fresh lemon juice with three teaspoons refined sugar, one teaspoon honey, then scrub it over your skin gently in circular motion.
- Mix half cup gram flour, three tablespoon honey, rose water, a pinch of turmeric powder and apply the mixture on the tanned areas. Keep for twenty minutes and then wash off.
- Mash one mango and apply the pulp. Rinse off after a while.
- Mix Potato juice and add two tablespoons fresh lemon juice. Apply the mixture and wash off after some time.
- Take tomato pulp, add four tablespoon sugar, one tablespoon olive oil, two teaspoon lemon juice, one teaspoon cinnamon powder, half tsp turmeric powder and two tablespoon honey. Apply on the tanned skin for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Take two tablespoon soaked and ground red lentil, one teaspoon aloe vera, two teaspoons fresh tomato juice. Mix and apply on your skin for twenty minutes.
- Mix 6 crushed pieces pineapple pulp with one teaspoon honey and apply on your skin for twenty minutes.
- Mix strawberry pulp with two teaspoons fresh milk cream. Keep it on your tanned skin for twenty minutes and wash off.
Beauty Expert Shanaya Kher says, ‘We have all enjoyed our summer holidays, and now is the most difficult part of dealing with the suntans and discoloration. There are some easy and effective home remedies for the skin. Mix a little honey, raw milk with papaya juice and put it for twenty minutes, it’s a great quick fix for de-tan and getting the pre-party glow. You can also try buttermilk, crushed oats, and honey on your skin for twenty minutes. You will be amazed at the results. You can use sandalwood powder mixed with rose water or simply coconut milk on your body parts for sun tan removal.’