Add fresh appeal to your favourite dishes
(NC) Looking to jazz up your favorite recipe or a create a new classic? Liven up meals by adding grapes from California. They’re an easy and convenient add-in that offers juicy crunch, vibrant colour and delicious flavour to any ingredient combination. Grapes also provide a healthy boost to other nutritious foods.
Take avocado toast, an Australian creation that crossed the ocean to become an instant hit in restaurants and homes for its satisfying creaminess, simplicity and versatility. While it can be enjoyed as a healthy meal or snack, avocado toast is a bit plain, essentially a blank canvas in need of a little pizazz.
That’s where grapes come in, adding a burst of juicy flavour as well as nutrition, colour and texture. Finish it off with sliced radishes for a peppery crunch, honey for a little more sweetness and a pinch of red pepper flakes to make this dish pop.
- 1 slice multi-grain sourdough bread, toasted
- ¼ avocado, mashed
- 1 radish, thinly sliced
- 4 red California grapes, halved
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spread the mashed avocado onto the toast. Top with radish and grape halves.
- Drizzle with honey and olive oil. Season with red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.