- 12 sticks part-skim mozzarella string cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 3 teaspoons parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
- olive oil cooking spray
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half, yielding 24 shorter sticks. Place on a baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs and place in a shallow bowl. Pour flour into another shallow bowl. Using a third bowl, combine bread crumbs, parmesan cheese and dried parsley. Line another baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Remove frozen mozzarella sticks from freezer and roll in the flour, then dunk in the egg mixture, roll in the flower once again, back into the beaten egg and evenly coat in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on prepared baking sheet and repeat. When finished, place baking sheet back into the freezer for 30 minutes or until ready to be baked (if you are making these ahead of time, transfer the breaded cheese sticks to a freezer bag or airtight container to prevent freezer burn).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. When oven is ready, remove mozzarella sticks from freezer and spray the tops lightly with the cooking spray. Put in the oven and bake for 4-5 minutes. Flip mozzarella sticks over and continue baking for another 4-5 minutes (keep an eye on them, so they won’t start to ooze or melt). Serve hot with your favorite marinara sauce for dipping.