Total time : 25 mins
- 2 cups oats
- ¼ cup nuts (almonds, pistas, cashews, walnuts any)
- 1 ¾ to 2 cups mixed dried fruits( dates, figs, cherries, cranberries, apricots, raisins ½ cup cornflakes (optional)
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder (optional)
- 1 ½ tbsps. Tiny rock sugar pieces (optional)/
- Dry roast oats for about 5 minutes on a skillet or heavy bottom pan. Keep stirring to prevent burning. But they must turn to light golden to brown in color to get a nice taste and flavour.
- Chop nuts and dry roast.
- Chop dried fruits to small chunks and heat up to increase the shelf life, set aside to cool.
- Powder the oats first and add dried fruits and cinnamon powder to this. Run the blender for few minutes, scraping off the sides of the jar.
- The mix looks like this after blending. To this add crushed cornflakes, rock sugar and nuts.
- Mix everything well and roll to balls. Makes around 22 to 24.Best if served the next day. Refrigerate and use if you live in a humid weather.