Flax seeds (Agase beeja – ½ cup
Sesame seeds – ½ cup
Walnuts (akhrot) – ¼ cup
Almonds (badam) – ¼ cup
Pistachios – ¼ cup
Coarsely powdered mix of flax seeds, sesame seeds, dry nuts powder
Dates (Khajoor) – 4-5
Dried fig (Anjeer) – 4-5
Brown sugar or powdered jiggery 3-4 tsps
Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tsps
Cardamom powder – ¾ – 1 tsp
Honey – 2 tsp (optional)
- Dry roast the flax seeds and sesame seeds separately. (Note – Flax seeds have to be roasted till they pop and crack well)
- Similarly dry roast Almonds, Pistachios, and Walnuts.
- Roughly chop the dried figs and dates.
- Now coarsely powder the flax seeds and sesame together.
- Similarly powder the roasted dry nuts.
- Lastly coaresely powder/fine chop the chopped dates and dry figs.
- In a pan add ghee and add the coarsely powdered dates and figs.
- Mix them well. After a minute add brown sugar or the powdered jaggery and give it a mix.
- Add ½ cup water just to get a syrup consistency to bind all the powders.
- Once the syrups starts to thicken add the powdered mix of seeds and dry nuts.
- Give a mix and swtich of the flame. Allow this to slightly cool and add cardomom powder for flavor. Honey can be added for extra sweetness at this point of time.
- Mix them well and take this mixture in one hand and press it to start giving the shape of laddu’s or any desired shapes.
- Enjoy this wonderfully healthy bite of laddu filled with rich nutrient values.