Corn kernels- 1 cup (boiled and mashed)
Milk- 1 cup
Potatoes- 2 (boiled and mashed)
Cheese- 2tbsp (grated)
All purpose flour- 2tbsp
Green chillies- 2 (chopped)
Pepper powder- 1tsp
Cumin powder- 1tsp
Salt- as per taste
Coriander leaves- 2tbsp (finely chopped)
Water- ½ cup
Bread crumbs- ½ cup
Oil- for deep frying
- Heat butter in a pan and add the mashed corn kernels, salt, milk and cook for about 6-7 minutes on medium flame till the milk is absorbed completely by the corn. • Switch off the flame and transfer the corn mixture into a mixing bowl. Let it cool down.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes, pepper powder, green chillies, cheese, coriander leaves and cumin powder to it.
- Mix well with your hands and make a soft dough.
- Make 10-12 fingers out of the mixture and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Make a batter of all purpose flour, cornflour, salt and water.
- Spread the bread crumbs on a plate.
- Take out the corn fingers out of the refrigerator and dip them one by one in the flour batter. Make sure all the sides are coated properly by the batter.
- Roll them in the bread crumbs and coat each side well.
- Now carefully fry them in the oil for 3-4 minutes on medium flame till all the sides turn golden brown.
- Once done, transfer the fried corn fingers on a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Once the oil is drained transfer them on a serving platter and serve.