- ½ cup butter (can substitute applesauce)
- ⅓ cup coconut oil(can substitute canola or vegetable oil)
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup milk
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups blended zucchini
- ½ cup sliced pecans
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9X13-inch pan with cold coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer), cream together the butter, oil and sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add ⅓ of the dry ingredients to the batter and mix. Add ½ of the milk; mix. Add another ⅓ of the flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the remaining milk and mix followed by the last of the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Sprinkle with the pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle the brown sugar on top of everything.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs (don’t overbake!).
- Let cool completely before serving. This cake tastes best at room temperature (and is great the next day, too!).