Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
• 1 can crushed pineapple, undrained (20 oz)
• 1 can fruit pie filling (cherry or blueberry or your choice, 20 oz)
• 1 box yellow cake mix
• 1/2 cup vegan margarine, softened
• 2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
• 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
In a greased pie pan, dump the pineapple, then the pie filling. On top of that, dump the cake mix. Drizzle or crumble the margarine on top of the cake mix, and, if desired, sprinkle with nuts and brown sugar.
Bake according to directions on box.
With just a few simple ingredients added to a basic yellow cake mix, this pineapple-upside down “dump” cake is ready to pop into the oven in just two minutes. Its called a “dump” cake because that’s what you do! No mixing needed, just dump the ingredients right into the cake pan! If you’re vegan, be sure to use a vegan cake mix, such as Duncan Hines. Enjoy your two minute pineapple upside-down dump cake – no frosting needed!