This salad is always a hit-plan on doubling it! The combination of sweet/sour taste tickles your taste buds and everyone goes back for a second helping.
• 2 cups wild rice blend, cooked.
• 2 tbsp snipped fresh lemon basil leaves ( use regular basil as substitute)
• 2tbsp snipped garlic chives ( or 3 green onions, chopped)
• 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley ( flat-leafed or Italian has more flavour than curly.
• 1 cup dried cranberries.
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts toasted.
• 1/4 cup virgin olive oil.
• 6 tbsp raspberry vinegar.
• 3 tbsp honey
• salt and pepper to taste ( in the rice)
In the large bowl combine the cooled rice. Onions, herbs, cranberries, and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, honey and oil. Pour over the salad and toss well to coat. Taste and add more salt, if needed.
Refrigerate 24 hours before serving so flavors can blend thoroughly. If serving on individual plates, use a bed of fresh spinach leaves under each serving of rice. Garnish with a piece of the fresh herb you used in the recipe.
Makes 4 – 6 servings