(NC) In Canada, we put a lot of work into preparing our outdoor space for the warm weather months. Once your beautiful outdoor space is complete, you’ll undoubtedly be eager to showcase your hard work. Make entertaining a breeze with these tips from the experts at Pier 1 Imports:
Highlight your party’s main attraction – the food.
- If you’re hosting the whole family for a cookout, make memories during a sit-down meal around your outdoor dining table. Freshen up the meal with dinnerware that’s as eye-catching as it is durable. Easy-care melamine and fresh-hued acrylic stemware let your guests enjoy without fear of shattering glasses or the festive mood.
- A less conventional approach that’s perfect for drinks and small bites – serving carts. They bring action to the party, whether that’s on the patio, in the garden or poolside.
Create a one-of-a-kind tablescape.
- Combine your favorite accessories, such as handcrafted trays, detailed lanterns and a colorful bouquet, to create a cheerful centerpiece that instantly feels like summer.
- Give your party buffet a personal touch with an eclectic mix of your favorite serving dishes. Think multiuse beverage tubs, cheery cake stands and bold chip and dip trays.
Think about the light, both day and night.
- For a daytime pool party, protect guests from sunburn and the heat by investing in colorful umbrellas to provide a little shade – and the perfect place to sip a cold drink.
- When the sun sets, opt for a more romantic glow that lights up the night. Strategically placed lanterns in a variety of styles, shapes and colors will be the light of your party.
- For mood lighting at the touch of a button, Pier 1 Imports’ outdoor LED candles resemble their melted wax counterparts but offer a bit of added magic. They’re compatible with a remote control that allows you to set a timer with automatic shut-off.