Ladies, sport your bridal outfits with the right kind of jewellery. A statement jewellery can make you stand out on your wedding. Every wedding ceremony has the bride looking resplendent in a beautiful ensemble and most importantly the jewellery.
Wear a heavy, big pendant with a plain solid hued sari or a simple choker with your silks or designer wear. Here are the trends you should be donning this wedding season. Brides-to-be take note!
- A nose pin makes a loud statement. Team up your sari with a stunning nose pin, and give yourself bold lips to match. Quirk it up this wedding season.
- A bold neckpiece can do wonders for your bridal look. It can be beaded, diamond studded or with pearls or semi precious stones, or in any style you fancy. Match it with your designer wear, and you’re set!
- Bold earrings look uber classy if you pair them smartly with the attires you’re wearing. Steer clear of wearing a fancy neckpiece with big earrings though, as it might take attention away from them. A dazzling pair of danglers with a dainty neckpiece is all you need to take the anxiety away.
- Another bold statement maker is the maang tikka. It sits well on the forehead, especially if you belong to a broad forehead category. Wear a statement worthy maang tikka and matching earrings or a chaandbaali/ chandelier earrings , and you are good to go.
- Exquisite earrings in sorbet colored precious and semi-precious gemstones are the must-haves in your jewellery box this season.
- Emerald ring is a favorite that brides love to adorn. It’s priceless too any bride, as the enticing emerald is the gemstone that can be worn later to cocktail parties.
- Choosing regular jewellery can look repetitive. Fret not, flowers come to your rescue! Wear floral jewellery for functions like the haldi or mehendi or wedding puja. Not just looks pretty, besides being a welcome change from the metal variety, it has a divine diva-esque vibe to it. Go for roses, tuberoses (rajnigandha), carnations, orchids and jasmine.
Says jewellery designer Susan Almeda, ” Instead of exchanging antique or heirloom or heritage pieces or just keeping it locked in your locker, give it a new life. Fusion wear is en vogue, hence mix and match are the on trend styles this season. Pair your antique jewellery with a little black dress or a semi precious choker with a maxi dress for a stunning evening look post marriage.”
Happy jewellery shopping!