Bollywood Celeb Chat
Revving Up The Style
Shilpa Shetty Kundra, a versatile actor-entrepreneur- yoga expert and TV show judge! The beautiful diva is best described as a fitness aficionado, complete clotheshorse, a melange of trendy and classy and a down-to-earth star. In conversation with Kavita Shyam, Shilpa spills her well-kept secrets and spreads her bright aura.
At 41, she personifies all things class and sophistication. With an incredibly well-kept frame and impeccable dress sense, no fitness or fashion page is complete without the quintessential poster girl- Shilpa Shetty Kundra. With an astonishing metamorphosis from the time she began her career in the 90’s, today the svelte Shilpa looks nothing short of a dream! From movies to the Big Boss win she became an inspiration on the global platform, marriage to Billionaire Raj Kundra to motherhood, today Shilpa apparently seems to be in a happy and self-assured space. Not to forget the lovely Shilpa has also been a frontrunner in yoga techniques, and taught many young moms the useful ways to shed post-pregnancy weight, herself looking a million bucks. The graceful actress is in the spring of life; she is a picture of congeniality and it shows quite clearly! Currently, the actress is judging a dance reality show called Super Dancer which has Shilpa, the excellent dancer herself in all her elements!
Three things I always have in my bag: mobile/credit card /sanitizer.
My ideal outfit for comfort is essential no matter what. If you feel good in what you’re wearing, you’ll look good.
- A fun party – saree or dress
- A formal work setting – a Classy white shirt and trousers…a pant suit
- A casual day out with friends –denim jeans and tee
- A hot date with hubby–I’d go with a shift dress or skinny jeans, a silk camisole, blazer, and heels
- My fashion mantra is: Be comfortable, be unique and dress for your body type.
- Beauty regime at home? Am I a spa person: I swear by besan face pack and coconut oil, these are as good as it gets. I do enjoy massages it’s the best way to unwind at a spa.
- Favorite shopping destination, favorite designer, favorite brand: I love London, it’s my favorite shopping haunt. I love brands like LV, Hermes, Herve Leger and Dior. My favorite designers are Manish Malhotra and Donna Karen.
- Essential pairs of shoes every woman must possess: Has to be a pair of heels, basic ballet flats, sneakers, flip flops, and boots.
- My favorite style trick: The right pair of shoes and accessories can spruce up any outfit.
- A valuable beauty hack that you use: Hair oil beats fancy beauty hair treatments ingredients at home beat the best beauty buys.
- Holiday destination – London
- Fitness regime: I swear by Yoga, which to me, is a way of life.
- Work scene/projects now and in the pipeline: Judging a Dance reality show and some other exciting business ventures in the pipeline.
- Motherhood to me is: Has it changed me or my life: I have a son who is four years old and my experience as a mother has changed my outlook towards children. I’m a part-time working professional and a full-time mother to Viaan.
- Secrets to balancing marriage, work, kid, home, career are: Prioritise and never compromise on your passion as women we are excellent multi-taskers.
- Women dancers are moving forward in today’s day and age as opposed to earlier: Yes, I do think so! There was a time it was never taken seriously, but the scenario has changed now for the better. Women and female dancers are getting their due, and their talent is being credited.
- Dance show experience as a judge, what do I like about dancing and what skills should a good dancer possess: I have always loved dancing, it was a passion and something I professionally trained in. A good dancer should be disciplined, open to learning, move with grace and hold an audience!
- Holiday destination you are raring to go: I love London I visit it once a year, but I am waiting to go to Africa on a jungle safari with my son.
- My most favorite- acting, dancing, fashion shows, ads-modelling- brand endorsement or TV shows or simply being an entrepreneur: My love for dancing and acting will never die, that being said I am enjoying my phase as a businesswoman. It’s an all-new facet and helping me discover so much.
- Love being an entrepreneur, a businesswoman in a male-dominated industry: It is truly empowering, and I am personally excited with the kind of developments happening on that front.
- Women empowerment and gender equality are: Having a voice, being financially independent and pursuing your dreams.
- Causes I like to champion for: I’m associated with causes for underprivileged children, that has always been something very close to my heart because our kids are the future.
- Bollywood today and two decades ago when I joined: Evolved and how! Bollywood is empowering women and films that are bringing about a positive change to society and not just entertaining.