• 2 oz (60 g) extra dark chocolate, chopped
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) unsalted butter, cubed
• 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
• 1 cup (250 ml) PC Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
• 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
• 1/8 tsp (0.5 ml) salt
• 1/2 cup (125 ml) semisweet chocolate chips
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) granulated sugar
1. In heatproof bowl, melt chocolate with butter over (not in) saucepan of simmering (not boiling) water. Stir together and set aside to cool.
2. In large bowl, whisk together 1 cup (250 ml) sugar, the eggs and vanilla. Pour in cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt; using wooden spoon, stir into chocolate mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
3. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. Scoop dough into 1 tbsp (15 ml) amounts, roll into balls and coat in 1/4 cup (50 ml) sugar. Place 2 inches (5 cm) apart on prepared baking sheets. Makes about 25.
5. One sheet at a time, bake in centre of oven for 12 to 14 minutes. Cookies will be cracked on the surface but still slightly soft. Cool on sheets on rack. Store in airtight container at room temperature.